Have you always wanted to start a blog?
If you’re a writer, it makes perfect sense: You can use a blog to serve as your author platform, market your work or find new freelance writing clients. Blogging is also a great way to experiment with your writing style.
This is the age of content — people are always looking for more to absorb, and your unique voice has a place on the vast, limitless interwebs, too.
Starting a blog can feel overwhelming. But the truth is, it’s doable for anyone with the right guidance.
We’re here to help you navigate every step so you can start a blog stress-free — from choosing your domain name to publishing your first post.
This is a long post, so here’s a quick summary of what we’ll cover:
- Pick a domain name (URL) and see if it’s available
- Purchase a hosting package and install WordPress
- Choose a theme and blog header
- Write your blog pages
- Install plugins and widgets
- Promotion, including building an email list